Skip to main content

Forgiveness Is Hard


This post will be short and sweet. There are some things that have to be said, discussed, thought about, talked over, etc.. I think you get the point. Then there are others--You say them and let the chips fall where they may. This post is the latter. My air died at our home yesterday. We couldn't call the landlord, because we ARE the landlords. As the temperature rose today, reaching well over into the 90s here in the south, so did the inside temp in our home. Boy, I'd not realized how important an AC can be in the Deep South in the summertime..but it got me to thinkingšŸ¤”...

A lot of times we go through life not admiring or appreciating the people in our lives like we should. God forbid.. what would happen if one day, like my AC, they're no longer available? Will you be miserable (like I was today) or will you live your life regretting that you never apologized, made amends, reached out, loved on, or celebrated them as you should have?

I'm happy to report that our AC has been repaired and working! Though it cost, it was the most rewarding purchase this year! I'm wondering if that will be the same for you? Though it will cost something for you to make amends or reach out.. it will also be the most rewarding and humbling move you can make towards your future. Forgiveness is not for the other person, it's for you! #BeFree #BeGreat #Pursue

-Hys SongBird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

how I began healing from past traumas

Hey friend.  Over the years many sexual assault and pedophile allegations have been exposed in the entertainment and political arenas, I had to pause to tell my own story; to validate my own injustices, and to stand in my own truth.  The very first time I can remember being violated was at the age of 12 when my mother’s boyfriend felt that it was ok to touch me inappropriately.   I was raped again at the age of 14 when I was passed out drunk and woke up screaming, “STOP!!!" The next time was statutory rape.. Years later,  I was date raped by a person that I thought loved me.   the guy knew I was underaged and lied to me about his age.. Years after, I thought I'd met the love of my life.  He was trustworthy, consistent, attentive, and protective.... a little too protective at times.  I was so broken and wanting of love that I attributed his stalking behaviors as him loving me and wanting to be every where I was...ALL THE TIME! Yeah... I was underaged when that relatio

A Crown of Life

Today began like any other day, I dreaded getting out the bed (I'm not into early morning routines), but I had to go to work! No, I don't clock in at a normal nine to five, but more like an extended shift, day end and day out, being a mom. After dropping my son off at basketball workouts, I was determined to make it to water aerobics ON TIME! In the middle of water aerobics, the pool was bombarded with some life guard trainees and a loud, I mean, very loud instructor! Well, let me just tell you, my once pleasant workout began taking an alternate route as I carefully began studying the actions of the drill sergeant, I mean, instructor. He highlighted every mishap of the trainees and they moved at every command like soldiers marching in battle. It didn't take me long to realize that he was well respected. Just then, he made a profound statement:  "If you do not finish this task, it will never be because you do not have the ability, it will simply be becaus

Success Knows No Color

In light of the picture that’s floating around social media of the lack of race representation of the White House interns, I feel the need to address my concerns. As I was driving to a meeting today, I saw a group of middle-aged White men dressed in business casual attire and standing partially in the road as they worked on a project by a well-known phone company, that shall remain unknown. Nothing was unusual about this encounter; yet, I was bothered because NOTHING was unusual.   Issues with diversity in the workplace and academic platforms, have been a topic of conversation for many years.  I admit, it speaks to a larger problem that’s not entirely a race problem. No friends, I am not  saying that our society does not have a problem with race... I'm simply saying that this particular issue is not just about race.   As I passed by the men this morning, one thing came to my mind..SUCCESS SEES NO COLOR. The lack of diversity, on one hand could be accredited to stereoty